Poor dog

So I just have to say my poor dog has been through so much! We found her in the streets about 2 years ago and took her back to her owner and he said he let her go because she had to many health issues and he was just gonna let her die! So we took her in and I feel so bad when we first got her she had breast cancer and hernia and an enlarged heart bad knees and absessed teeth! Well we got most of the surgery out of the way and she's going in for her knees on the 10th of march and I'm nervous! I feel so bad for her! Who would do that? Anyways I can't believe I'm nervous when she's already got the major stuff out of the way! how can I help that? and is that weird?

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 3:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Pets

• i wouldnt let the dog sit out and die but i would let it go to another person for free or where ever they catch dogs, i dont know if i could spend that much on a dog although we treat ours like kids, so it would definetly have to be worth it.
    Anonymous

• I would never let a dog out just to die.

But I would also not put a dog through lots of surgeries either. I believe it might have been more humane to put her to sleep. Dogs dont understand why they are hurting all the time. JMO. Thats what I would have done.
    Anonymous

• My dog blew out her ACL in her left knee. Yep, dogs have knees!! She had knee surgery 3 years ago and is doing fine. Thankfully, you are a generous person who was willing to care for her. She'll be fine. Good luck.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 9:34 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• You are an absolutely WONDERFUL person for getting that poor sweet dog all of that treatment when a lot of people would have just put her down...unfortunately people don't realize the financial burden that is an animal....they are beings and need to be taken care of. thank you for taking care of this dog....and I can assure you she is eternally grateful.....God bless you.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:36 PM on Feb. 27, 2009