Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


I'm scared to tell my hubby that his best friend raped me.I don't know how he is going to react.I should have told him two weeks ago but i didn't.I don't know what to do.He said if I tell anybody the police or anything he going to hurt me or my kids.
I was at home 2 weeks ago on a Thursday,i didn't go to school because i had horrible cramps.My hubby came home from work with his best friend.My hubby left to go to the store to get some food.Left his friend their,i stayed my distance in my room as usual.i was laying down and he came over to me and covered my mouth.then he didn't whatever he wanted to me.i tried my hardest to fight back,but he was stronger and buffer then me.After that he left and never came back over.My hubby been going over his house now for now.I just don't know what to do I'm scared for my life.My daughter Ashayiah was sleeping right next to me ,she was sick with a fever.
I dont need no criticizing please!!!!

Answer Question

Asked by bossrenee at 3:31 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (15)
  • You need to tell hubby then go to the police. I know it's hard, believe me I do. You ened to be strong so this wakko doesn't do this to you or anyone else ever again. He COULD"VE hurt your daughter. Please be strong mama dn tell him. He won't be mad at you, I promise. Just help him to understand. Prayers and hugs!

    Answer by navy-wife at 3:34 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

  • i think you should sit your hubby down tonight and tell him. i also think you should call the police. thats aweful honey im so sorry that happened to you.
    expect him to be angry at his so called friend but he should in no way be angry with you. good luck

    Answer by SThompson21 at 3:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

  • wow, i bet its too late for proof of his sperm now.

    sorry i couldnt help but i hope you can do what ever it is that needs to be done. If your hubby still goes to his house, i would tell the police first since hubby might be the first to dash to his house and make him admit the truth or punch his lights out.

    Answer by americansugar80 at 3:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

  • Girl! This is serious!! I am sorry it happened to you but you need to tell your husband and then go together to the police. He cannot hurt you then. Tell your dh as soon as possible while the evidence is still fresh! I MEAN NOW!

    Answer by aznblond9 at 3:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

  • I would see a rape counselor immediately you could tell your DH together. You have to report this even if the police do nothing there will be a report and next time he hurts someone(and he will) she will have a better chance of convicting him. No ones going to think your lying, its common for women to fear telling their DH or the police. Your counselor will be able to help your husband accept what has happened. Your DH needs to know his friend is a dangerous man and your daughter probably needs therapy more than you do. I'm so sorry this happened to you but you have to understand it is not at all your fault and you have know reason to feel ashamed. This is not something you will come to understand without help.


    Answer by Farrahann at 3:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

  • Tell him now. And also tell the police. You should have gone to the hospital immediately since they would record your condition and the evidence. If you still have any garments where the rapists fluids still are, then they need to be taken to the police. I don't think anyone would critcize you. It won't be easy, but do it now before something else happens. Good luck

    Answer by Bmat at 3:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

  • Butler County Rape Crisis Program

    Answer by Farrahann at 3:44 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

  • I am so sorry - Please do all you can to get help. If anyone makes you feel bad about it talk to someone else. Do all you can to try and gather anything that may have his DNA on it.
    I wish you all the luck - you did nothing wrong!!!!

    Best wishes!

    Answer by LadyAronna at 3:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

  • He won't hurt you it is something attackers commonly say to keep their victims silent. Tlak to someone about this. You can't hold this. Im so sorry you are going through this. he needs to be stopped. Can you talk to your husband? Sit im down tonight and tell him what happened.

    Answer by ria7 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

  • My Wife asked for my help in answering your question, as I am a cop (military cop but a cop non the less.) Ok first and for most tell your husband regardless what he may think, he is your husband and needs to know this happened. Next wherever u were laying dont wash. evidence can be collected. GO TO THE POLICE AND TELL THEM YOU HAVE BEEN RAPED, AND THAT YOUR HUSBANDS FRIEND SAID HE WOULD HARM YOU & YOUR CHILD. Take the clothes you were wearing that day along with u. Do not be afraid, and do not feel as this is your fault, THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT A MALE OVER POWERED YOU AND FORCED HIMSELF ONTO YOU. After you have been to the police do not be at your house alone without either another adult or some kind of protection. TELL YOUR HUSBAND NOT TO TALK TO HIS FREIND AT ALL, LET THE POLICE HANDLE IT. IF YOU NEED MORE HELP JUST ASK!

    Answer by CubanFIre at 5:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.