Do you think this is good exercise?

I am just starting to exercise again and I want to know what you think. I stretched for a couple of minutes and then I did 100 jumping jacks, then walked in place for 10 minutes(with cans of beans in my hands) then 100 more jumping jacks, then walked 10 more minutes, 100 more jumping jacks and then 10 more minutes of walking. Do you think that is good for now until I can get out of the house? I will try to do this every day. I am about to do 100 crunches also. Any other ideas would be appreciated!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I think it's a really good start. No one is suppose to start out trying to kill themselves. That's a big no, no. You start out simple and build strength for harder exercises later. Cardio is the best fat burning, calorie burning exercise there is and jumping jacks would be considered cardio alond with running, hopping or running in place..Anything fast pace. You're suppose to get 30 minutes of cardio a day, and to make it easy you can do 10 minutes at a time through out the day, 3 times a day. It's a lot easier then doing it 30 min all at once. In between the Jumping jacks you might want to do strength training and toning certain areas, like with the cans for your arms, leg lifts, fire hydrants (for your butt and legs) and crunches. I think it sounds really good. Keep up with the cardio definitely.
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 11:58 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• no its not good enough
    Anonymous

• Thanks anon, your response was so helpful. Pathetic!!!
    Anonymous

• GO AWAY TROLL!!!
    Anonymous

• yes i think that will be helpful...
    Anonymous

• whos troll?
    Anonymous

• I think that is good exercise. I try to run in place sometimes while im watchn tv then on commercials I run around and pick up the house. it has to be better than nothing is what I think when Im doing stuff like that.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Yeah, well I actually looked it up and found that Jumping Jacks are a great way to get exercise.

Many people may ask about whether jumping jacks are good for your health, and the answer to that question is “Yes! They are.” In fact, jumping jacks are not only good for your health but they also help you to lose weight, and also help you build muscle as well.

Jumping jacks are one of the few exercises that work for everyone, from children who are developing to older people to maintain their youthful physique. No matter what age you are jumping jacks are a great way to lose weight.
    Anonymous

• U need a mixture when ur excerising in order to gain muscle and lose weight u need to push ur muscles to rip (dont worry not painful but its what helps u get stronger) but dont push to hard. some soreness is good. do something diffrent everyday so there is no routine. doing 100 jumping jacks can also create stress fracutres especially if u do them wrong , all that jumping puts alot of stress on ur joints. do like one day yoga another pilates cardio one days etc... look online for workout ideas
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 4:38 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It sounds like you are at least getting some cardio in but that many jumping jacks can be hard on your knees. Do you have a DVD player.? I've been doing a Zumba (Latin dance) video and its great. You get a FUN workout and the kids can do it with you!
    Anonymous