When to stop baby food

My son is turning 1 on the 4th and I was just wondering when you are supposed to stop the baby food and move on to solid foods? He's trasitioning into some solid foods now, but is still eating the baby food jars for most of his meals.

DAjZeZnLE

Asked by DAjZeZnLE at 3:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You do it when he is ready. I stopped for all intents and purposes at 9 mo. My daughter decided she no longer wanted to be spoon fed so I went with it. It is finger food city for her (except for yogurt, cottage cheese and other foods that require a spoon).
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i did when she turn one. i give her small piece cut up chicken and really soft pasta. and rice and veggie. she had cake on her birthday too.. start off with pasta with tomato i make my daughter fry rice sometime when i get rice left over from the night before.
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• What I did was say I'm feeding my son jarred green beans, I would mash up about half a jar of the real green beans we were eating with a fork and stir them into his jar food. It gradually got him on the real thing without confusing him! I did this with all of his food. If he was eating the jarred chicken noodle casserole I'd take out half and put it aside and stir in half of our casserole and spoon feed it to him (or better yet let him spoon feed it to himself! :). Before you know it he's eating at the table like a big boy without even mushing up his new foods!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 5:09 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• We stopped them by 9 months when the boys were eating all table foods.

It just depends on the kid and the parents.....but our pediatrician doesn't recommend switching to milk until/unless they are eating all table foods for their daily nutrition.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• You can switch to table food at a year. If you like, gradually phase out the baby food while increasing the different table foods your LO eats.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 7:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2009