SO?

How involved is your SO with your pregnancy?....

Im with my SO, but he doesnt go to my apts because of work & i dont know if he would go even if he didnt work. He doesnt really ask questions that much, only when i bring something up. I try to keep him informed but it kinda makes me mad that he doesnt take time to ask.
He has felt her kick & felt her when she had the hiccups. It kinda scared him lol he jumped.
He is more fearful than anything but excited to. He will make a good daddy & i dont think it ever really hits a man until the baby is here...

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my husband doesnt go to many apts, he has been to a few mainly the ones where there is a ultasound. He doesnt seem to interested in the whole pregnancy thing either he has felt baby move and does think its cute when he catches my belly jiggling around like jello cause of baby moving. He is going to birthing classes but mainly because im making him lol.
    He will make a great dad he just doesnt seem interested in what goes on during pregnancy. Owell.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• my husband is amamzing he will reschedule an appointment if he is unable to be there he wants to be there for it all he is always talking to my stomach and feeling her move he is so excited lol sometimes i think he is a woman lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• lol ms. owen thats cute!.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• lol youd probably laugh at him as much as i do lol but i love that he is that involved makes me feel better after my ex did ant anything to do with our son til he was 3 grrr so trey being like this is amazing
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• yeh same with me mommy2b....
    He has went to birthing classes & took the tour of the hospital with me.
    He asked alot of questions in the class & seemed interested.
    Just not into the whole pregnancy though lol.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 4:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• This is our second so things are a little different. W/ my first he went to every dr. appt. For this one he has only gone to the real important ones. He is more caring this time around as to how I'm feeling, and tells me how much better I look this time around compared to my first one. He felt her move in the very beginning, but doesn't really react to my belly in any way. He is a great father to my son, and I can only imagine how he is going to be w/ our little girl. Hes awesome!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My husband is very involved, although, being hormonal, I've often blamed him for not caring enough. I threw a fit b/c he was going to miss one of our appt's (It just happened to be on my birthday) and he showed up at the docs. office and surprised me. I think it's hard for them to really get into it b/c they're not living with the physical presence of the baby everyday like we women are. Most of the doc appt's are boring, until the very end when you're making progress, so I would say it's not such a huge deal if he can't make 'em, esp. with work. Give him time, he will start becoming more interested the closer it gets.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:11 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Yeh, i dont really care that he doesnt go... Im glad he is with me & is making an effort to make things work & stuff... He didnt want the baby from the start, he wanted me to abort... but he is happy i didnt & is excited now....
    Apts are boring lol & im not working so its not like he could really take off alot to go to them...
    im just glad he is going to be involved when she is here.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 4:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Even with our first dh didn't go to appts since he was working. He went to the wrong part of the hospital and missed our first's ultrasound where they told us the sex. He now knows where to go and I insist he goes to the ultrasound. Sometimes he'll rub my back if it's really bothering me but otherwise the newness is gone as this is our 4th. He does rub my belly at night as we're going to sleep.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 4:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• This is my 4th baby, and he has alweays been very involved. He also can't take off work for every apt, but makes sure he is at the major ones, like hearing the heart beat for the first time, ultrasounds, stuff like that, and he tries to go more the farther along I get. Is this you so's first baby? It is hard for them to "get it" before things get close with the first one, hopefully he will be more supportive.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2009