is it me or am i crazy

I have a 5 yr old and i have dedicated my life to him, literally. I never go out or do anything because i feel guilty leaving him.It has caused problems in my few past relationships and i understood y.And when i do go somewhere then im never gone long because i cant wait to get back home to him, is this unhealthy or what. Im never gona meet anyone like this.

itainteasy25

Asked by itainteasy25 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Go places where you can take him then maybe you will find a single dad who is just like you who lives for his kid and hopes to find someone who thinks the same way.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:07 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I think it is unhealthy for both of you. Has he begun Kindergarten yet? How well does he separate from you? If he has issues about separating from you you should begin to actively work on it and begin talking about school. How wonderful it is, you'll drop him off and pick him up, eating lunch etc. You really don't want him to be embarrassed in front of other kids. It sets up a lifetime of teasing.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:09 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• yes, my moms best friend was just like that. Let me guess.. he sleeps in the same bed as you too? So does he and he is now 13! He also won't stay the night anywhere because he misses her too much... do yourselves both a favor and break this while you can. Go out and let him stay with grandma or a cousin or a friend!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• WOW!! YOu sound like me!! I have a 7 months old and I take him everywhere with me. When my parents offer to watch him so dh and I can go out to movies and dinner i always rush it so i can go home to him. I guess my is still so young and he is at the daycare 5 days a week. I feel guilty of leaving him on the weekends cuz Im not with him during the weeks!!
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Things will even out as soon as your child starts school and you're both forced to be apart. You do need time to yourself though. I have a bad habit of this as well but if you make a habit of going places each week, even places with both of you, life will get back on track before you know it. I miss my son when I leave him but I think that its good for both of you to be apart from each other once in a while. :) Good luck!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 4:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I'm guilty of this myself. My oldest is 7 and I rarely leave him. Until we made arrangements for him to stay with my mom on Fridays. So now he has his space on Friday and I get mine. Well, until I had #2 and now I'm starting over. :D He's my baby! But really, I would just stay home with my two babies. My DH has his hobby, but when he's not doing that he's with us. I grew up in a super close family and my DH grew up in a mixed up situation. So it works for us. I agree with another answer, just do things with your son. The right man will accept you are a dedicated mommy.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• mine is 4 an has never been away from us at all, shes shy but we are preparing her. Theres noone to leave her with. his familly is out of the q an mines to far away an cant trust a stranger but daycare is an opp. soon to perpare her more. goodluck
    Anonymous