Would you say something?

My neighbor lets their dog run around all over the neighborhood. One day I took my DD outside to play and the neighbors were outside, their dog came running over to my house and it knocked my DD down on the pavement. They saw their dog do this and didnt even say sorry or anything. This dog comes over here and drags the trash all over my yard and it terrorizes my dog when i let him out to go to the bathroom, I have asked them to keep their dog at home but it doesnt work. What else can I do?

mommyBrooke849

Asked by mommyBrooke849 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Call animal control. If there are leash laws in your town than your neighbors should be abiding by them. If they don't do that and the dog is a nuisance to you and your neighbors, and it sounds like he is, then call animal control and have them handle it.
    YOu have done your part you have asked them to put away their dog, but they won't do it so animal control is the next step.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 4:08 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Does he have a collar? If not, well and even if he does, call the animal control people.

I thought most if not all cities had leash laws?? Id call and ask about those and turn them in.

If he doesnt have a collar, call and say you see a stray roaming around dumping trash,etc. LOL
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:07 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Tell them if they are going to be irresponsible that ur going to call animal control, maybe this will get their attention. what happens if that dog came over and attack ur daughter? we just had an incident like this where i live and the dog right now is being determined whether or not its going to be put down.
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 4:09 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• If you have talked to the neighbors and they won't do anything about it your choices are either ignore it or call animal control, tell them you know it is not a stray, but the dog is a nuisance.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Im afraid that if i call animal control, they will kill it. at our local pound you have like a month and then they put it down. She has a collar and tags, would they call the neighbors and let them know?
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Call the city and complain about it. Keep on them until they do something about it. I know our neighbors have 2 dogs that bark at everything and anything. Drives us nuts. People have called and complained and they have gotten letters from the city. Doesnt hurt to try that. Good luck!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• In that case I would probably let the police know that there is a dog unmonitored in your neighborhood. They'll talk to the family without using your name if you ask about keeping their animal in proper condition. The thing is that animals are unpredictable and what if that dog badly hurt your child or your animal? And its just inconsiderate to have to pick up trash because they aren't taking care of their dog. If you call the police they'll usually just come out and give a warning and the family won't usually be ticketed the first time. But girl you never know if that dog gets its shots regularly or if its prone to biting. Better safe than sorry I'd say!
    Anonymous

• I agree with calling Animal Control, EXCEPT, you said that you let your dog out too? Why? Do you have a state wide leash law? I know plenty of places don't, still. I don't mean anything mean, I'm just saying; in all honesty if you're going to let your dog run loose, you can't really complain if they do too.

I'd just get me a squirt bottle filled vinegar and spray it in the dog's face when it approaches you saying NO while you do...eventually the dog will learn that APPROACHING YOU = UNCOMFORTABLE (spraying a dog with vinegar is like kicking a man in the balls... they can't take it)
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:33 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• LEASH LAW!!!!!
    Call the pet patrol and they can pick up a dog that is not in his yard. It may take one time having to get the dog out of doggy jail to teach them to keep up with their pet.
    emme1964

Answer by emme1964 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I have neighbors that have a dog that sneaks out every time the door is opened, but they would still leave the door open. The dog would constantly come over to my house, and if I happened to be going in or out of my house or garage, he'd run in and I'd have to chase him, catch him and take him home, where they didn't even know he was gone. I finally got so sick of it that I went over and told them, politely but clearly, that the dog was becoming a big nuisance, and that if they continued to ignore their dog, that I was going to have to call animal control. They said they couldn't help it. At which point I pointed out that my dog is in my fenced backyard, and so are the dogs of all our other neighbors. Then I told them, again, that the next time the dog came to my house, and I didn't see or hear anyone looking for him, I'd call animal control. Haven't seen the dog since. cont...
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2009