irregular period when is the fertile period?

im 30 yrs old married for 2 yrs im not really tracking my period when it come it come ,now im hoping to get pregnant , when can i know im fertile sence im irregular ..my period is every other month usually i dont know what date ...anybody can talk about ,,,thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• At the drugstore you can buy an ovulation kit for usually less than $20! Good luck!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 4:28 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I agree get a ovulation kit
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 6:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Ovulation kits are the way to go. When I was TTC #2 We tried for 6 months and my periods got to be 39-45 days apart. The Doctor told me if my periods were that far apart I may not be ovulating at all and to do the kits and to start the day after I stopped bleeding until I got a Pos OR started bleeding again. If I never got a Pos to call them and they would confirm it with blood work then get me on Clomid to make my body ovulate. Turns out I ovulated just fin but about 4 days later then everyone else does! Got PG that month. Good luck!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I'm going rto actually disagree with ovulation kits. I wasted a lo of money on them and they were NEVER right for my irregular cycle.

Instead...head to the bookstore. Pick yup a copy of "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler. It should be required reading for every woman...you'll understand hyour cycle and how to track your fertile times.

How good is it? I had four months of failures with ovulation kits. But I got pregnant the VERY FIRST cycle after reading the book...and the ovulation kit claimed I was NOT ovulating at at the time I conceived.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:51 AM on Feb. 28, 2009