TMJ

I Have had TMJ since Dec of last year. I am just wondering if anyone else has this issue and what your symptoms were. Also what can I do to relieve the pain and discomfort?

Fairy_Wings

Asked by Fairy_Wings at 4:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Health

• I had excruciating headaches that went from the top of my head down into my shoulder area, and centered just below my ear. I have it under control now with a bite guard that I wear at night. The TMJ problem makes it tricky when I need dental work, since I can only open my mouth a certain amount. Get whatever painkiller you need to control the pain. I do well with a strong version of Aleve.

Answer by Bmat at 4:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• my husband has it they give him 800 mg motrin
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My right side is worse than my left. They both pop, click, grind and lock up though. Sometimes if the alignment is off a sharp, excruciating pain stabs through my jaw and into my head and down my neck. I wear a silicone night guard every night and that helps a lot. I've had TMJ for 15+ yrs.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I just found out a few months ago that i have tmj, and it was because i thought i had a major earache. i wera a night guard and it helps but i still have headaches sometimes. my advice is to wear a night guard and keep tylenol handy, it hurts
    itainteasy25

Answer by itainteasy25 at 4:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I wear a night guard and it really helps
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2009