Has anyone had placenta previa before????

I am in so much pain it is compleatly covering my cervix and I have been getting alot of pain and pressure is this a normal side effect no bleeding or anything and no signs of misscarage the baby is doing great im 10 weeks 3 days.

CASSANDRA56745

Asked by CASSANDRA56745 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had it at about 18 weeks. It fixed itsself.
    mommy2be32509

Answer by mommy2be32509 at 4:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i did at my 8 week u/s but by the time i went in for my 12week u/s it had moved out of the way. I guess from what i read and hear about placenta previa is it happens a lot in early pregnancies and moves out of the way in most cases.
    mamad86

Answer by mamad86 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• You really shouldn't have even been diagnosed this early. It is very common in the beginning of pregnancy for the placenta to be in the way, because the uterus hasn't grown much at all. :)

I only knew about mine, because of severe bleeding that started at around 15 weeks. It cleared up by my 20 w u/s.

Pain is normal at 10 weeks though.. your body is going through a lot of changes. I also had a lot of cramping during the first weeks and discomfort. (with both pregnancies, not just the one with the previa.)

90 percent of previas clear up so don't even stress. Your uterus has a lot of growing and stretching to do so there is a really high chance of it pushing the placenta out of the way.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:51 PM on Feb. 27, 2009