Chocolate pudding?

My dd is 16 months old. I just made some chocolate pudding.. do you let your kids eat that. She pretty much eats everything else( besides peanut butter and honey of course) but she has had a few bites of a choc dessert before. Will it be ok you think??

kelsbecca619

Asked by kelsbecca619 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yeah i think it would
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:40 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My son loves it and has since he was a year old
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Of course! You know its ok to give PB don't you, just give in small amounts on toast every once in a while. I even gave my son eggs every once in a while since he was around 7 months and he loved salmon too, nothing has happened to him. It's not that common for kids to develope allergies.
    Anonymous

• haha yes but i recommend giving her the pudding right before bathtime and that she's only wearing a diaper lol. That's what we do now, after several live and learn lessons :)
    weezer_cookie

Answer by weezer_cookie at 5:19 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I don't know why it wouldn't.

And my kids were already in LOVE with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches by that age. (no peanut or nut allergies in our family so the doctor gave the okay)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:53 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I think it will be fine. My daughter had tastes of it by then!! She also started PB at 12 months, she LOVES her PB sandwiches. =)

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 6:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Sure, she'll love it!!
    Kelly_n_Payton

Answer by Kelly_n_Payton at 6:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Once my son turned 1 he ate everything, I let him try PB & honey because after 1 it's "safe" and you won't know if they are allergic until after they try it the first time. I'd rather know early on than later. turns out everything was fine.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 6:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It's fine.
    She's also old enough for honey. That's restricted for kids under 12 months.
    If you don't have a family history of food allergies, peanut butter is fine too. More and more research is showing that holding off on giving high allergy foods makes no difference.
    Other high allergy foods are fish, shellfish, and nuts.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• ok thanks ladies.. I had no idea she could start on pb and js too and a little bit of honey! We have no food allergies in our fam so thats good! Thanks again! BTW she ate some and LOVED it! Who doesnt love chocolate!
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2009