any advice

my son has the hardest time going to the bathroom,if he has to poop then he will be in there a good 30 min or more. and he is about to start kindergarden, how can i save him the embarrasment of that.I worry it will be a problem.

itainteasy25

Asked by itainteasy25 at 4:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Health

• he isn't the only child that has problems using the bathroom. I worked in a daycare for.. well let me just say i worked there TOO long. But, we would have 5 year olds that still had a problem. Because he is so young he shouldn't be embarrassed for needing help and neither should you. Your son goes to the bathroom and knows when he needs help. That's better than most kids out there. And try not to worry so much
    LizWithAvon

Answer by LizWithAvon at 5:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Maybe add more fiber & water to his daily diet. I had a lot of constipation as a kid & it was horrible because the teacher's always thought I was just messing around & not wanting to be in class. A lot of public schools limit kids' bathroom times & how many times they are allowed to go in a day which really bothers me. But maybe your son's problem will work out by the time he starts school. Good luck.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 6:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• You might want to talk to your Pediatrician and let him recommend something for him. It would make it easier for him at school.
    Tx2Step

Answer by Tx2Step at 7:40 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Also I fed my kids a lot of raw apples. They provided enough fiber to help them be regular and normal. Try it. It might help. ;)
    Tx2Step

Answer by Tx2Step at 7:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2009