ready for baby number 2

Im not sure how to tell my hubby I am ready for baby number 2. We just had one 4 months ago, but im ready to try again. How should I tell him?

mom-to-be21

Asked by mom-to-be21 at 4:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hun, you need to focus on yoru sick baby first. I am sorry to sound harsh but your son's heart problems should be a little more resolved before you have another child. You will have many appointments, stress, etc. Let him enjoy some mommy and daddy time as well beforehand
    Anonymous

• Many women get broody soon after giving birth - it's normal. But, in reality - it's not a good idea, you have a 4 month old rght now - I can't even begin to describe how much your little one wll change n the next few months - and he'll need your all.

Natural child spacing happens for a reason, and it's generally a two year gap.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 5:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I hate to say it but I also think you should wait let him have a chance to be the baby first before having another one.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I got that urge now too... :) I may try anyway. Lots of woman do it
    amber325

Answer by amber325 at 5:11 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• You should not your body just held a baby wait a few months
    iloveRiver

Answer by iloveRiver at 5:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i was the same way! i was convinced i could handle it when my dd was the same age BUT now shes 8mos and is a woman on the move and im glad he told me not yet! we would like to have our children close together so maybe when shes a year maybe a year and a half. i seriously still have baby fever though i miss being pregnant but i know i need to wait or else ill lose my mind. i just think if i do it too close together my kennadi will get jealous and i wont be able to give her the time she deserves.
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 5:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• its also good to wait becuase you need to give your body time to recover, but i agree with everyone above. its one thing to have them close together, but i wouldn't reccommend to plan on another that soon.

i want another baby, just not right this instant. there is too much already changing and going on in my life.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 6:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• You just said in another question have having this one was so tough and you bascially could have been dead or whatever....sheesh....let your body recover like someone else said!
    Anonymous

• um ano. i never said it was tough with this one yes i almost died while pregnant thats be cause i had a 10lb 23 inch baby
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2009