I'm out of ideas, I have tried everything my brain can think of...

Ok, so i am @16 weeks pregnant, and my insurance plan will not cover the pregnancy. I have been denied medicaid and chip perinatal due to income limits. My refund is only covering about half the doctors services. And that does not include labs or ultrasounds. I have nothing to sale or pawn and am about$1500.00 short. That is not covering the hospital charges. I have searched for a midwife in my area, and come back with nothing. I am out of ideas. My brain is fried. Someone give me something to look into?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• We have a county health clinic that does pre-natal appointments, labs, childbirth classes (free), and have lactation consultants on a sliding fee scale. They even give you coupons for keeping your appts. and attending classes to get baby items (new things) from their "store".
    Anonymous

• I don't think that legally you can be denied medicaid if you are pregnant. I would look into that further.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• No seriously the denied me. Medicaid and the chip state program. I mean i can understand that they say that income limits are above. But i mean seriously medical care is expensive. And i have been paying out of the rear end for individual insurance for me and my daughter to find out that the damn policy didn't cover pregnancy. I swear it makes me so angry because i know people who abuse the system and lie to get aid and i tell the straight truth and get nothing but stress. And i honestly thought my refund would be more than it was. I thought it would cover most of my pregnancy cost..
    Anonymous

• wtf? i didnt think that Any insurance could 'deny' or not cover pregnancy! i would Definately be lookin further into things..i would say go w #1's advice..most counties have those types of services.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 5:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Have you asked planned parenthood? They may have suggestions-
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 5:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Check with the hospital where you plan to deliver and try to set up a payment plan with them and with your doctor. At least you have some time before the baby is here. Maybe set up a budget to help you with all your expenses. Good luck.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 5:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• What area do you live in? You can find a midwife anywhere. They are often a lot cheaper then doctors fees and way more personalble.
    squish

Answer by squish at 7:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i didnt have insurance when pregnant with my son, i went to planned parenthood and they gave me free prenatal care and temporary medicaid-labs and ultrasound and everything, you can check there, they will help you
    Anonymous

• I was going to suggest a free clinic as well or something like that. Yes, private insurance can deny you if its not covered. If its group insurance then they cant and yet medicaid can deny you based on income. The hospital will let you pay them in payments I am pretty sure. The doctors offices are usually pretty strict about having the balance paid by the 7th month. Kudos to you for sticking with the truth and paying your debts. I know it seems unfair, but it will all work out.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 5:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2009