Had her shots today and won't stop crying!! HELP

My DD is 5 months old and got two shots one in each leg today and is crying so sadly...I did the tylenol and some teething tablets and she still is histerical!! Help please!!!

amber325

Asked by amber325 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• put cool compresses on her legs.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• And you plan on doing this again to her in the future. Poor lttle girl. :(
    Anonymous

• wow anon let me guess your anti-vax? she asked for help wtih her daughter not your opinion. mind your own damn business, thanks. OP if cool compresses dont work, try a warm bath and maybe massage where she got the shots. worked for my DD
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 5:19 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• anon shut the hell up. I'm so sick of people like you putting your stupid damn 2 cents in. Just answer the damn question if it pertains to you and quit being ignorant, oh and next time show your face.

I agree with other posters.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Some babies do get fussy after shots and can be for up to 24-48 hours, continue to give tylenol for pain and try cool compresses or a warm bath.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It can be tough.....you can continue to give tylenol every 6 hours. One thing my doc told me, if your baby is inconsolable for 3 or more hours straight to call them. Babies react differently to shots.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 5:34 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• thx so much She finally is napping now...but if she starts up again later I will give her a nice warm bath.I hate hurting her :(
    amber325

Answer by amber325 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• YOU are not hurting her...vac's is recommended because it prevents diseases that are spreading once again due to parents not doing it!!! It's in the news more now, research shows it's from not getting vac's done. The lady that said if inconsolable for 3 or more hr's..that's excellent advice and VERY true..it states in my baby book, if the baby does cry for a period of 2 hrs straight to go, 3 is a bit much but close. You should go to emerg or your Doc if you have the after hrs option avail to you, my doc will see my child at any time! GOOD LUCK and don't feel bad, we all have to do what's best for our babies health.

aidansmyheart

Answer by aidansmyheart at 7:11 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• my DD got shots today too and has been real fussy. i've just been rocking her and holding her. even though its not helping, i feel bad for her and want to try and comfrot her the best I can. luckily, DH has taken over and is rocking her now.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 7:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• well, that does happen to be one of the side effects of vaccines. ...you can try what the PP's recomend ...but it might not help much. sorry to hear that your baby isnt handeling the vaccines well.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:17 PM on Feb. 27, 2009