for sahm

when do ladies find time to clean??? My 8 month old wont even let me leave the room to pee without screaming so god forbid i clean! I try to clean in the morning while she naps but then she pulls all of her toys back out and i feed her throughout the day which makes dirty dishes and i cant get her to sit in her jumper or high chair and try and entertain while i clean let alone go downstairs and do laundry. Any advice, this is my first so im still adjusting to the sleep schedule or lack thereof because when i put her to bed im so tired that i end up fallin asleep too and my fiance works all the time so i feel bad asking him to help with cleaning because i am home all the time, he shouldnt have to do everything

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She is old enough to learn how to play by herself, so she may have to cry it while you are in another room.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Its hard when theyre little but I used to put mine in a playpen so I could clean. Sure at first theyd cry a little but then they learned to play on their own while I got my things done. Now theyre all older (between 4 and 19) so I do my cleaning early early in the morning before people wake up. Its my me time, so I can have a nice cup of coffee then clean up. I do everything except vacuum. I do that after the older ones leave the house and my 4 yr old is awake and she sits on my bed watching tv so I can mop and vacuum. I do a light pick up at night after my 4 yr old is in bed, picking up toys and light mopping or sweeping but thats about it.

Answer by gemgem at 5:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• She is going through separation anxiety--this is normal. I always cleaned with my dd around or let it go until she went to sleep. I would do dishes while she played on the floor at my feet (the same with cooking). I would put toys away and give her only a few to play with. I carried my dd while I vacuumed. As long as I was in the same room with her, she was fine. Good luck!!
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Don't listen to anyone who tells you you have to abandon and ignore your child's cries for anything - it's sad and dangerous advice. There is still a huge SIDS risk attached to letting your baby cry alone.

How did I/do I manage to clean every day?

A sling.
    A back carrier.
    A baby wrap.

Works great at 16 months still, just as it did from day one.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 5:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I can totally relate to you! My son is 10 months old and I can only clean while he watches a video :) He is scared of the vacuum though so it is tough While he naps though, I do this, it is really great for moms so I thought I would pass it along if you are interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoxYwrP-IBs this is what i do for extra money.. it is great! 100% free and legit, pays well and on time

blakesma

Answer by blakesma at 5:28 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• LOL...Clean?!?!?
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 5:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Slings/wraps were my saving grace. My daughter had digestive issues on top of sep. anxiety so she cried all the time.

I would clean with her around. Put her in the high chair, bouncer, whatever and interact with her while I cleaned. It seemed to work (she was a very very high needs clingy baby too)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:36 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• When my daughter was smaller, I could carry her in the snugli I had, attached to me. For heavier cleaning, I'd wait til she napped & do the things i couldn't do when she was attached to me. I'd just do a little each day & 1 load of laundry a day so I didn't get behind. I still try to keep a schedule for myself to do a little each day. Mondays, I clean my 3 bathrooms. Tuesdays, it's my bedroom & my daughter's, including dusting & vacuuming (my son is old enough to clean his own & my husband cleans his office, tho I still dust & vacuum both). Wednesday, it's downstairs on the main level, dust, vacuum, mop. Thursday, catch up on anything i missed during the week if I didn't get time to do something. Friday, I don't do anything but a load or two of laundry. Pick up every evening before bed. Do I always get everything done? No. But my daughter won't be tiny forever.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I would try to teach your child to play alone. You don't need to leave them crying for long, you can let her know you are still there every ten minutes or so. She'll learn!! Also, I know you think your man shouldn't be doing anything with you home all day, but that's not really fair in my opinion, until I got in a routine with 2 kids instead of one, my hubby who works countless hours a week did all the chores. =) I know I'm lucky. I would ask him to help with things here and there though, you don't need to ask him to do everything. Maybe one thing should be his thing, like picking up the toys before bed at night. That's all my DH does now. I put the baby to bed, he picks up the toys in the living room and then we go to bed. Also, I do dishes and then one other chore each day. Maybe try that. Like dishes and vacuuming one day, then dishes and laundry another(I do this one Tuesdays and Sat.), clean bathrooms and dishes another.
    Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 5:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Hope that helps....Sorry so long. =)
    Navymama