So I'm trying to make new mommy friends.....but I might need some advice

I tried the pediatrician office I went b/c my son was sick, and while I was waiting I was talking to this other mommy, we got along great and our kids were close in age, but I'm not very good at "making the first move" how can I get her number or be sure that we haev a way to get in touch or anythuin go see if we can really be friends

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Just say you've been trying to find some other moms in your area to start a playgroup and maybe you could exchange information.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 5:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I feel your pain. I don't make friends easily either.
    I know that an organization called Moms Club is a good start. Google it for your town.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I know exactly how you feel, that's why I'm so glad I found Cafe Mom, someone started a local group over a year & a half ago & I joined & have been able to meet many other moms & have friends for my boys. The library & parks are also a good place but I too have a hard time making that 'first move', then I did exchange numbers with someone last fall & when she called I didn't see her number for like 2 weeks so I felt so bad, I didn't call her back because she never left a message. Good luck. Don't give up.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 5:42 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• you can always find a local group on here and schedule playdates, but as far as making the first move the next time you see her say something like well it was nice seeing/talking to you again would you like to meet for coffee/ or something sometime? and then you give her your number or say well let me get your number. good luck.
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 5:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I'm the same way..its like trying to find a date.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 6:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• after making conversation with her (which you seem not to have a problem with doing) then just tell her you would love to set-up a playdate for your kids to get together if she wouldn't mind and get her number... maybe even set up a time and day right there! Whats the worst that could happen? they decide they dont want to and tell you no... no problem... someone will say yes, most other mothers are just as desperate for a social life!
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 7:19 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Ask for a playdate. Is your child in preschool yet. You'll meet a lot of moms via preschool. Or at the local park closest to the school you are thinking of attending.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• check with your local library...mine has a books and babies class we have started going to every week. lots of other moms in there, and they have a little socialization time to get to know each other. maybe after you go several times you'll just naturally strike up a friendship with someone. i'm in the same situation right now, though. check yahoo groups for a moms group in your area, too. these are the things i'm trying.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 11:16 PM on Feb. 28, 2009