Speaking of the stupidest thing someone has ever told you...

I just answered that question. I was just curious. Has any one ever heard from a doctor or in general that the vibration from a four wheeler can cause the umbilical cord to detach if you're pregnant?
Wouldn't that be equivelant to riding in a car as far as the vibration?
I know other people who have rode the fourwheeler while pregnant, I even know one who rode the roller coaster. IMHO, The baby seems pretty darn protected and the 'vibration' from the four wheeler couldn't do a thing, especially if an ultrasound tech can shake your belly like crazy, and tell you it's fine, which it is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What about women back in the horse drawn buggy days on rutted dirt roads? This umbilical thing sounds like a myth.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:55 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• That's exactly what my friend told me. lol.
    Anonymous

• I have NEVER heard that and with both of my boys rode a 4wheeler and a dune buggy. They are wonderfully normal kids. I don't know if I would listen too much to whomever told you that. Go have fun, your baby will feed off your excitement, and it might lull them to sleep. It sounds like one of the old wives tales. Go have fun, that will help your baby, atleast I believe that.
    kristi7133

Answer by kristi7133 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• A four wheeler maybe not but why would someone ride the rollercoaster when there is a sign that says you shouldn't ride if pregnant? Unless they didn't know they were pregnant.
    Anonymous

• Ohh I forgot to add.....so now we can't have sex either! LMAO! That can get more physical! hahahaha
    kristi7133

Answer by kristi7133 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Yea, I don't think she knew she was pregnant but yep, she rode it during the most crucial time in pregnancy. The beginning weeks when you are at most risk for miscarriage.
    And no, I didn't believe her when she told me that. My common sense kicked in...lmao..
    Anonymous

• sort of as dumb as if you cross your eyes they will get stuck like that

Answer by admckenzie at 6:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• If this was true we couldn't shale our bellies, we couldn't ride in cars, we couldn't have sex, we couldn't do anything that causes vibration or shaking...lol...because the cord will detach!!! lol

Our babies are very safe and secure in layers or protection...
    Anonymous

• I have heard all kinds of crap like this. It's bull. It would have to be something like a car accident to pull it from the placenta.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 6:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• shake*
    Anonymous