What are the chances of finding out babies sex at 16 weeks 1 day?

I am having th eultrasound where you drink the water and hold it on tuesday and I REALLY am hoping that they can see what this baby has or doesn't for that matter. ANybody else find out this early? I know some say so I didn't know that at the NTS that they could of checked for ovaries etc I read that on somebody else's post. Is that true. If yes......... darnett I don't think that she looked at that. bummer! Thanks ladies I can't wait for August!!!!

momehopeful69

Asked by momehopeful69 at 5:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There actually is a good chance IF the baby is turned to where you can see it.
    Anonymous

• my obs( both of them ended up moving cross country before 18 weeks) said that neither one would look for the sex of the baby even though my husband was deploying when i was 17 weeks along. They wouldnt even look 1 week out =( Such a bummer. But I have heard of people finding out at lie 15 and 16 wks, not sure how since they cant be all that sure about it.
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 5:58 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I know the places that do gender determination require you to be at least 16 weeks pregnant to make a gender determination appointment so I would say you have a good shot. Some places will refuse to tell you because they do not want to be held liable if they are wrong.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 6:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2009