Poopy party time? Anyone have THIS problem?

Okay! I have a beautiful 2 year old boy who LOVES to take ALL his clothes off during nap time, including his diaper, and poop in the floor. Well, he may be taking his diaper off after the deed, but either way, the results are the same (and sooo not fun for me!) My 4 year old went through this phase too, but if I put clothes on him he wouldn't take them off to do it!

I don't know what to do! I am *trying* to potty train him, but so far all I can get him to do is pee in the potty. No poops. :(

You gals have any suggestions I can try?

tandknix

Asked by tandknix at 5:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• omg..i know what you're going through..mine did this from about 16 months till about 2...'cept they wouldnt take their clothes off..they would 'finger paint' ...they got in trouble Every time they did it and the only thing that worked was they simply grew out of the stage..woo hoo, and now i have one more to look foward to doing that!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 7:38 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I know some moms swear by duct tape to help keep the diaper on as well as wearing a sleeper backwards. Fortunately we haven't had poop parties in our house. I've got 27 mos old twins so that'd be one heck of a party!
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• ARGH! He's been doing it for awhile now and it's driving me NUTS! I just don't know what if anything I can do about it!
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 8:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 8:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• ya and i tried the sleeper backwards thing..ya, that didnt work either..she'd just pull her arms through the sleeves..i had to end up putting the sleeper on backwards and a top that didnt stretch so she couldnt get her hands through the sleeves..then she decided she would go up through the legs.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:55 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• My middle daughter, when she was two used to wipe it all over the walls. I had to put her back into a crib, and she wiped it all over the rails and sheet. I started putting duct tape around the top so then she started pulling it out of the bottom of her diaper. I tried so hard to make sure she was clean but it was like she held it in and only pooped just enough to make a mess, i'd clean it up and she'd do it again the same night, sometimes even 4 times a night.. she loved it cuz i had to give her so many baths. it made me cry and feel like she hated me. I had just left her dad though, so i think she was showing her anger. I even tried making her sit in it.. (even though i felt terrible). I even tried making her scrub it off the walls.. nothing worked.. she didn't stop until she had stability... so i don't know what to tell you..
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 5:55 AM on Feb. 28, 2009