baby vicks causes cancer??

I sent my so to the store to buy baby vicks cuz our little one has a nasty cold. He couldn"t find it so he asked the pharmacist and she told him that she wouldn't use it cuz there have been studies that link it to cancer. Has anyone else heard that? I

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Kids' Health

• No,I have never heard that,of couse baby vicks was'nt out when I was a child,but that is what mom rubbed on us,with a warm towel. You know ,it's sad it is getting ,to where you are afraid to use anything.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 6:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i think i recently heard somthing like that, but doesnt everything have some sort of cancer chemicals in it?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Nope, but it doesn't surprise me. All natural is the way to go. :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I can't decide how I fele about this. We use it on our one five year old, and she loves it. Just her back. My son hates the smell, so we don't use it on him. I have the humidifier and I use it in there, too. It seems to help. ???
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 11:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Do you all know what in it?
    Petrolatum (as in jelly...like vasaline), fragrance, aloe extract, eucalyptus oil, lavender oil, rosemary oil

Sounds pretty natural to me!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Life can cause cancer. So? Should we all stop living so we don't get cancer?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Ahh...petrolaum is not natrual. It is processed. And yeah, I can see how it can cause cancer. Hey, let's rub gas all over your child. Same thing. And lets call that healthy. Organic and natural is the only way to go.
    Anonymous

• so vaseline causes cancer then...news flash to me because its been around for how long now? SO your have NEVER used vaseline in your ilfe on any part of your body right? Ever?
    Anonymous

• Herbs are natural too & some of them can cause a miscarriage. Oh yeah "natural" is perfect! NOT!
    Anonymous

• well, I'm not sure if it causes cancer or not.. perhaps if someone could provide a link, that would be helpful.. sorry, my search engine is screwed up, or I would for you. I plan on looking it up later when I stop at my moms though... if noone else has a link, I will try to post one then.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:53 PM on Mar. 1, 2009