am i right or is my dh? hotel question..

ok we stayed at a nice hotel for our 48 hour vacation. now i take the soaps and shampoo they have out dh says its stealing i was told even if you dont open it or use it they throw it away just in case. ( there are nut jobs out there ) what do you ladies think?

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 6:38 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think they're freebies and they expect you to take them.
    ProudTxGrandma

Answer by ProudTxGrandma at 6:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• No its not stealing. The toiletries are there for you to use or take. Trust me, you have paid for these items in the cost for your room. However, taking towels, glasses, coffee pots, ect... would be stealing.
    actress

Answer by actress at 6:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• When I use to clean hotel rooms, if the seal wasn't broken, i'd leave it. Otherwise throw it out. I don't think it's stealing. You paid for the room and it's not like you're taking the tv! My boss never put us on the lookout for people stealing the shampoos.
    Anonymous

• You pay for them when you pay for your hotel room so thats not stealing.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 6:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• They are "complementary" items. Meaning "thank you" for staying with us. It's not stealing.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 6:45 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I like the pens! I have a collection of lotions, shampoos, conditioners, soaps and pens! With all the traveling we do, the collection keeps growing.
    Anonymous

• lol thanks i feel better..not to mention i was right lol. yeah i didnt take towels lamps t.v bathrobe just the shampoos and conditioners and the bar of soap. there cute and convenent. and i did leave a good tip. dh freaked and called me cheap. i was like i know im not the only one here its shampoo they have our card # so if they charge us for it i know better next time.lol
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 6:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I take all that stuff, except the stuff you're really not supposed to take, like the towels! Sometimes, I need a pen. I need the mouthwash and the lotion they give you. Sometimes, I NEED the shower cap! It's not stealing because they replace it and replace it and they don't charge you for it. I love that stuff, especially if you are staying in a nice hotel!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 7:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• they are complementary and are up for grabs - no worries.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 7:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• You can take them or use them up, it's not stealing. Stealing is when you take the pillows, towels, the bible (yes, people steal this!), etc.

ThaMCE, taking the towels is stealing!! LOL. Watch out for Karma!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 7:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2009