ok heres another question.....lol

what are some of the wives tales that you have heard? i asked a question about this earlier and thought it would be fun to see how many are out there and how many my granny actually told me...lol. im bored.
my granny has told all of us-if the baby is early in development, its getting out of the way for another one. so expect to be pregnant soon.
another one is if you get of your baby stuff, you will get pregnant again. lol im tellin you, we were told crazy wives tales growing up. what kind of wives tales were you told??

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well..i don't really have any pregnancy ones...but my grandmother always told me that if you told a dream you had, before breakfast on Sunday, it would come true.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 7:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I've heard the same ones you have and a few more. For an ear ache find someone who has never senn their bio father, pee in a cup and scring it in the ear. For warts hide and bury a sour dishtowl. IF YOU SLEEP WITH DOGS YOU'LL WAKE UP WITH FLEAS...LOL THAT ONE MUST BE TRUE
    Anonymous

• I've heard you should put a piece of string across your pregnant belly when a full moon is out. Or is it a strand of hair? I don't know, but my mil is always telling me crazy stuff like that.
    Anonymous

• Wow if getting rid of your baby stuff means your goin to get pregnant boy did i miss out i was told that one too by my aunt it actually happened to her but i think it was her time to have another baby cause when she did it again and wanted to have another baby she found out she couldnt have any more kids
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 8:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My grandmom and MOM told me ,if,your hands itch ,you will get money, if,your left eye keep jumping,you will get mad, if,you dream of fish,someone is pregnant,but,if,you dream of a baby someone is going to die.If, you got a earache,let someone blow smoke in your ear. The funny thing, I end up passing thes sayings to my children and grands.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• If you sleep with a piece of "Groom's Cake" under your pillow, the man you dream about is the man you're going to marry.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 11:22 PM on Feb. 27, 2009