Do you think your friends W/OUT kids just really don't understand what it's like or how your life is?

I'm just curious. My best friend is sometimes totally clueless about what really goes on and what my life is like with my 2 year old daughter. I don't expect her to know all about kids, but I don't feel like she truely gets that I'm busy and my job is being a mom and it's alot of work.

MandyT1021

Asked by MandyT1021 at 7:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• YES i feel like that. my biggest issue is that my friends dont understand that my son is on a schedule. i wont break that schedule to have fun. or if we are going somewhere then it has to be "kid friendly"
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I KNOW they don't understand, just like you don't understand men, THEY don't understand what it is like to have kids.

I had one of my childless friends actually ask me once "is it really that hard? I mean they sleep most of the day right?"

I just shook my head and walked away.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 7:22 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Yeah, sometimes I think my friend just thinks that my job as a mom is basically doing nothing all day. I'm thinking to myself please you wait and see.
    MandyT1021

Answer by MandyT1021 at 7:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• No they don't understand. It's not their fault, I guess...but it can be annoying for sure.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 7:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• What I love is when people who don't have kids have all this amazing advice for me on how to raise mine.
    nowhinning

Answer by nowhinning at 7:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I don't think anyone really knows what it's like to raise kids until they actually have 'em.
    Anonymous

• I work @ a car dealership & the guys are constantly asking my hubby & me to go out to the bar or out to Wendover (gambling) for the weekend. I am constantly reminding them I have a baby and to do those things you have to have a plan made ahead of time. And I don't cherish the thought of leaving her for the weekend to go gamble and drink, anyways. But it is hard to understand when you don't have kids yet. They don't understand about "schedule's" and nap-times
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 8:21 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• yea. most of them just dont get it!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I know moms who have kids but never stayed home with them that have no idea what its like. My husbands family act like I have all day to sit around and so nothing...I probably work harder than most of them. But yeah...women without kids or moms who never took care of their kids full time, have no clue....even if they think they do.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 9:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Norahsethsmommy you are not enitrely correct. Imagine all that you do all day and now add in working 40 hours on top of that. i think you are the one who is clueless. I have been a SAHM and i have worked. Working is harder and you have mommy guilt too.
    Anonymous