CLOMID IS IT JUST FOR.......

IS CLOMID ONLY PRESCRIBED TO MOMS WHO HAVE BEEN TTC FOR 6MO TO A YEAR, OR CAN YOU GET IT EARLY LIKE IN 3MONTHS OF TTC? IM SORRY IF I SOUND DUMB BUT I JUST WANTED TO KNOW A LITTLE BIT MORE ABOUT THIS.

mommy19741974

Asked by mommy19741974 at 7:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Clomid is prescribed for women who are not ovulating or have related hormonal/cycle problems. It's very normal for ttc to take some time, six months is average and it can take a healthy woman a year of ttc to get pg and still be within the range of normal. Unless you are clearly not ovulating (ie. not having periods at all) your doctor is unlikely to prescribe clomid after three months of ttc. It's not something you want to take if you don't need to... like other drugs it has potential side effects and risks. I took it when I was anovulatory and it gave me brutal cramps and mood swings- it wasn't fun and I wouldn't want to take it if it wasn't needed!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:22 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i agree with freela...
    i have been TTC for four months now... and i just finished my first round of clomid! i was put on clomid because i have not been having AF for over a year now!!! it makes you soooooo moody and crampy!!! not very fun at all!
    have a talk to your doctor and tell them your concerned!
    good luck!
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 7:45 PM on Feb. 27, 2009