almost 41 weeks pregnant, lots of pressure-painful but no contractions really

so i have been having really strong pressure in my pelvic area, i am 40 wks and 5 days pregnant, i have had a couple contractions but nothing regular, the pressure is painful though.
on another note i have been having really bad indegestion, bad enough that i have thought i was in labor. thats been going on for a couple days. i dont think it was labor at least b/c i have gone to th ebathroom and its gone away.
no bleeding or anything like that.
so do i wait it out or what..? how much longer can this go on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• first i want to say to you that sometimes your in labor and you dont really know it.
    I went to the hospital with my son at 40wks and a couple days because i had such bad pelvic pressure and couldnt figure out why and also had loose poop.
    Turns our i was contracting every 3 to 5mins and was already dialted to a 4.
    the nurse turned and asked me how long i had been having contractions and i had no idea i was even having them. So if you are in a alot of pain i suggest atleast calling your dr or going to Labor and Delivery to be checked.
    Anonymous

• Contractions dont feel the same to everyone! I know people that have had the same thing and got to the hospital just in time! GO get checked!!!!!
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 10:12 PM on Feb. 27, 2009