scratches on a leather couch

I have a tan leather couch and it's got scratches on it from my pets/stepson/me....Anyone know anything that helps cover these up? Also what do you all use to clean your leather couches?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 7:42 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I just use leather wipes. It conditions the leather and helps to make the scratches not look noticeable.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 7:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• We got leather cleaner when we bought our couch, we conned the sales guy into giving us 4 extra bottles lol. You could definitely find some at a furniture store, possibly a fabric store, maybe even a hardware or grocery store.
    s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 8:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• When I bought my 2 leather recliners the worker said use pledge or any dust cleaner like that. I do it all the time and it makes your furniture shiny and smells so good. For the scratches I have no idea probably nothing unless you buy into one of those infomercials that probably doesn't work.
    iloveprater

Answer by iloveprater at 9:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My living room furniture is leather and so are my car seats. I use the same leather cleaner and conditioner on both. A few years ago the arm on my sofa cracked. I found a product online to repair it - sorry, I can't remember where. The company sold leather dye touch up paint - I had to use it to repair the crack in my sofa.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 5:29 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Most leather has a wax coating on it to protect it. Take a hair dryer on medium setting and hold it a few inches away from the sofa until its heated and then rub the area where the scratches are. This helps remelt the wax coating a bit and you can manipulate the wax back down and fix or at least help the appearance of the scratches. good luck :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 2:18 PM on Feb. 28, 2009