what can i do to get my son to walk on flat feet

he walks on his toes when he walks he dont walk bye his self and when i do get him to walk with me it is on his toe so how do i get him to walk on the hole foot

poohbearmomma08

Asked by poohbearmomma08 at 8:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just give it time, a lot of children start out walking on their toes, even when walking by themselves, it gives them better balance, they eventually use their whole foot.
    MrsMadsen4Ever

Answer by MrsMadsen4Ever at 8:19 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It may be nothing, but you need to bring it to the attention of his doctor. Our daughter's doctor always asks and check for how she walks, toe walking can be a sign of something. But many children will do it at the early stages of walking, just let the doctor know and keep an eye on it.
    Anonymous

• Babies use their toes to grip the ground.. so many people are in a hurry to put shoes on their little walkers, but give them time, and they will be fine.. eventually the foot will drop down, and that is when balance is achieved.. no worries mama..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 8:30 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I believe that's a sign of Autism.
    Anonymous

• I don't think there's any reason to worry yet, with what it "could" be... If he's just in the beginning stages of walking he needs time to adjust to how it feels. Give him time and he'll get it!!!
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 9:38 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My mom always told me gently rub the top of baby's foot and then the bottom, it will make him flex his toes back & forth...somehow that sopouse to help then relax their little toes while they walk...
    Anonymous