How do I get my son to stop pushing his sister, and lieing?

He is pushing his siser around, and not just a nice little come on lets go, a bam your on the floor crying and if mommy doesn't come in I'm going to laugh.. and he's also Lieing about things he does..

yuriahasmommie

Asked by yuriahasmommie at 8:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I am not sure the correct answer, but this works for my two babies. When my son pushes his sister, I corect him right then and there. I have him help her up and tell him that he is the older one, so he is suppose to help her rather than harm her. Then I make then hug. And this seems to be working cause they use to be like cats and dogs. But they are better now, not that they dont fight, just not like they use too. And the are only 1 and 2.
    amdelo

Answer by amdelo at 8:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i would do that. and then i would have him stand in the corner after doing all that if he does it again. and if he does it a third time, have him do the hug help thing and have a more serious consequence - send him to his room? spanking if you believe in it?

but i dont know how old your kids are.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My son does that, turns out he has Aspergers. It needs to be dealt with right away and swiftly--loud and clear --that he MUST not touch his little brother!!!!
    mommios8

Answer by mommios8 at 2:05 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• About the lieing-
    I tell my little boy and girl that I already know what they did, but they have to say it. Then I give two consequences, one if they tell the truth and then a worse consequence if they lie. This is working. They are 3 and 4.

pat7879

Answer by pat7879 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 1, 2009