Anyone have a doula?

How much do they usually range from?Is yours certified or does it matter?What do they do?I'm thinking of having one because I'm going to try for a VBAC with this baby.

krystaldawn_21

Asked by krystaldawn_21 at 8:42 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i want a doula i was actually going to ask the same question my sister is doing a VBAC if she can with no drugs well good luck are you doing a natural birth or epidural? i'm thinking of having my mom in the room because she's had four natural births if anyone knows alot it's her :]
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 8:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I have a doula,feel free to message me and I will tell you more about her.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 8:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Many women prefer certified doula's but the price does go up if you have a certified one. Sometimes you can even get a doula in training for no charge.

Prices vary from where you are. Anywhere from 200-1500 dollars. The going rate around here is 250-500.

A doula is VERY VERY helpful at hospital births especially, and wonderful assets for VBACS. They can help offer you support and help fend off the hospital staff etc. It's awesome. They can do a lot.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:31 PM on Feb. 27, 2009