• In the Spotlight:

is it normal for a 2 and a half month old to always be reaching his arms up?

my son will be 3 months march 9th and lately he is always reaching his arms up even when i am right next to him i am not sure if he is just discovering them or what , is it normal for him to do this all the time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i dont know if its normal, but my little girl who is almost 8 months holds her arms up when she wants me to pick her up or she is excited.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• seems like he is learning he can control his arms maybe? its really hard to tell since none of us see the baby & we're not dr.s but it is probley nothing to worry about :) kids do tons of silly/ odd things when they are babies lol.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My daughter does that when she wants to be picked up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• When my daughter was 1 to 3 months, she always had one of her arms up in the air. It always scared me and hubby. We freaked out over the noises she makes too when she's asleep. We have pictures of her with her one arm up and it looks like she's doing a hip hip hurray thing. She finally grew out of it. So I believe it is normal. Infant do so many crazy things to stress out their parents. As long as she is not crying while she's doing that, I would think it's okay. You should bring this up with your pediatrician to set your mind at ease. My daughter is 4 months now and all that has disappeared. Now she just chews on her hands.
    denswife

Answer by denswife at 11:59 AM on Feb. 28, 2009