Why is it that when you diet all you want to do is eat? Oh and why do people bring sweet stuff over when they know you are trying to lose weight?

kenedygrace06

Asked by kenedygrace06 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• People always want what they can't have is the answer to the first part of your question. As for people bringing over sweets when they know you are trying to lose weight, maybe it is because they don't have the will power to stick to the commitment of the diet and are jealous of you for being able to, they are passively tempting you. LOL Of course I don't know why someone would do that, it's mean! LOL
    Rockenmooki

Answer by Rockenmooki at 11:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I am seriously considering calling my mother-in-law on this. She gives my husband a hard time about gaining weight then sends over like 2 dozen chocolate chip cookies. I just want to call her on it.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• The easiest way to look thinner, is to fatten the people around you up! I also think it's a cosmic law of the universe that makes non dieters bring sweets to a person on a diet.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:54 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• When you focus on the food of a diet...your focus is on food. I struggle with this too. Food is my drug of choice. Try to eat when your hungry, eat what ya want and stop when you are full. There was a show called...I can make you lose weight with a man named...Paul Mckenna. You can look it up on line. It was pretty darn helpful to me. AS far as the people with the snacks as gifts when they know you are dieting...can you say "trash can"!! good luck!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• It is call SABOTAGE! They subconsciously want you to fail so you will stay fat like them! lol! Always try to only eat when you are hungry and make sure you are having enough water. Many mistake hunger for thirst. Go to myfitnesspal.com and see what you daily caloric intake should be and stick to that! We have a great group Losin Weight in 08 Losts of support and motivation. I have list 39lbs in less than 5 months!
    lynn63042

Answer by lynn63042 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• LOL - I know what you mean!! I guess its because its forbidden....same reason the bad boys were so appealing when I was in high school.
    sskyesmom

Answer by sskyesmom at 9:46 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• That's your Candida albicans talking to you. Nasty lil creatures that live in our intestines and feed off of sugar and starches. When you diet, they get hungry and so they send a chemical to your brain that says "HAND OVER THE COOKIES". Start your diet with a cleanse. Check out my group here on CafeMom... Suddenly Slim Moms.
    SuperNonnie

Answer by SuperNonnie at 8:38 AM on Jun. 22, 2008