o my gosh!!!!!!!!!!

My baby is now almost3 weeks as of this sunday !!! I have been retrieving everything she could possibly want from diaper changing,bottle,and being there for comfort! when i lay her in her crib she cries!!! Im a first time mother and i don't know what else i can do for her!!! I really feel bad if she keeps crying in her crib !!! What else can i do for her ???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hold her :) She'll eventually get into a good sleep so when you lay her down she wont cry.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i let my baby cry for 5 minutes when she was that little then i would go get her. it is possible that she has a belly ache. my baby had that really bad one night shortly after we came home and it was terrible. get some infant gas drops and try that if she continues.

also, try music. i know it is really hard. i hate when my baby cries...
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Have you tried swaddling her before laying her down?
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Babies need to be held, A LOT! Check out this recent research from Harvard at http://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/1998/04.09/ChildrenNeedTou.html

"The early stress resulting from separation causes changes in infant brains that makes future adults more susceptible to stress in their lives, say Commons and Miller.

"Parents should recognize that having their babies cry unnecessarily harms the baby permanently," Commons said. "It changes the nervous system so they're overly sensitive to future trauma."
    DO NOT let her cry in her crib! If she is crying and she is warm, clean and full then she needs you to hold her.
    Other studies have shown that the more babies are held in the first 6 months, the less they cry in the second 6 months. Invest in a sling or other soft carrier so that you can wear her.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• The belly ache thing was something I also had problems with. I couldn't breast feed. When I switched to a milder formula she was better. Her former doc dianosed her as being colic but that's never been an issue with my family. I switched formula upon the advice of several family members. She was constipated not colic. The doc was not happy but I avoided giving my kid extra meds that she didn't really need.
    I would also sit in a chair near her crib and rub her back. I almost fell asleep like that several times but it lowered the stress level for us both.
    I tried the swaddling thing too. It worked with my second born.
    saltycoqui

Answer by saltycoqui at 9:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• all i know is that its very emoitionable i just wanna cry!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• And it's ok for you to cry too! Your hormones are ALL messed up. I think I cried for a month straight. PP's are correct...gotta hold them a lot. If you are laying her in the crib just because you don't know what else she needs, she probably just wants to be near you. She's still working on that transition from warm and cozy inside mommy to the outside world. Good luck and congratulations!!
    Fourbymom

Answer by Fourbymom at 9:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• That young i would say just hold her... she was so used to being the belly and it was safe for her... now she is in this new world and probably scared... im sure she just wants the comfort and safeness feeling from her mommy :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:11 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i agree, she needs mommy's warmth and comfort! i cried too, especially in the first couple months. it's okay and will get better (if it doesn't, or gets worse-talk to your doc) take the time to cuddle and hold her, that's what i did with dd. she's 8 mos old now, and very rarely cries. i felt clueless in the beginning when she cried, because i felt like i didn't know what to do for her. a lot of times it was gas, the others she just needed to be held. it's OK for you to hold, comfort, and cuddle her! you won't (and CAN'T) spoil her. enjoy that special time now, it flies by. try to relax, babies can sense when you are stressed. can someone help you, even for a little, so you can relax for a bit? the only way babies know how to communicate ALL of their needs is by crying. if she's not hungry or tired, and doesn't need to be changed or burped, she probably just needs mommas arms!
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• plug in some xmas lights for her to look at,sing to her,let her now its safe when u put her down,
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:53 AM on Feb. 28, 2009