HOW MUCH MOTRIN?

I NEED TO GIVE MY5 MONTH OLD SOME MOTRIN BECAUSE SHE IS TEETHING BUT ITS IBUPROFEN SUSPENSION HOW MUCH DO I GIVE HER?

axandra85

Asked by axandra85 at 9:08 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• call your pedi or see if there is info on the motrin site.
    Anonymous

• They will go by weight, but you need to call you pedi because it's not recommended for babies under 6 months.
    Fourbymom

Answer by Fourbymom at 9:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I wouldn't do that.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 9:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I've given my daughter Tylenol and that seems to help her... depending on her weight, the bottle will tell you how much to give... probably .4 ml. Hope your little girls feels better... teeth suck!
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 9:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• motrin is NOT recommended for babies under 6 months, and shouldn't be given until they are over a year (unless pedi says so). tylenol is safer for babies, but it goes by weight. have you tried teething tablets or drops? they are even safer for babies. hyland's makes tablets, gentle naturals makes drops. you should be able to find them at the drugstore, walmart/target, or health food store/market. you can also try knotting a wash cloth, wetting the end, and freezing it. or give the icy pops (unopened) for them to chew on. i wrap them in a thin wash cloth so dd's little fingers don't freeze. of course, there are always teething rings! good luck!
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It goes by weight, and I thought you couldn't give a baby motrin until 6 months of age ... check with ped on that.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 12:20 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Motrin can't be given to a baby less than 6 mos old because it is processed out of the body by the kidneys and they are not mature until after 6 mos. Call your pediatrician and get the dosage for infants tylenol. And make sure it is infants tylenol, there are other children's categories.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 12:58 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• SOME doctors will give you the go ahead slightly before 6 mos. BUT you need to get the correct doseage from them based on weight. I'd recommend Tylenol, and teething tablets, frozen washcloths.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:21 AM on Feb. 28, 2009