Questions about ringworm

If my son has ringworm and we have covered the ringworm in the cream for it, then can we get it if he rubs the infected area on us? Should we keep it covered in a band aid all the time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Health

• I only covered it lighly when he went to bed so it didn't smear everywhere.
    Anonymous

• i would keep it covered. i had ringworm a couple times as a young child. one time, i had it in my head and i started losing hair in the affected area. it was scary and very embarrassing to go to school with all the questions, etc. i was in elementary school btw
    Anonymous

• My son has it and when we put the cream on it, it goes away, only to return on another part of his body. its like we are chasing it around. UGGG...

And yes sometimes we put a small bandage on it just to keep the med. in place. But my sons are usually under his cloths so I dont worry to much about transfering it. I just wash my hands after I put on his meds.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• put clear finger nail polish on it and it will be gone in a day! Screw the cream
    determind

Answer by determind at 10:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2009