For ladies who had natural birth and/or home birth...

How did yours go? Anyone have any complications? Tell me your beautiful birth story, please!

burning_woman

Asked by burning_woman at 9:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had my little girl natural at the hospital. it went longer than i was hoping, i was induced at 7:30am. They had to come break my water around noon because my daughter just wasn't coming lol. Before my water broke I was barely feeling anything - i was actually playing euchre. ha ha. once my water broke i definately felt it. i had a really good nurse who i was able to really focus on and she helped on the hard contractions. everything went great till the VERY end. the lip of my cervix or whatever wouldn't go away, and I didn't want to wait for it. i was ready. so my doctor tried to work with me (probably a mistake) and said that sometimes it will move as the baby comes. it didnt. just caused the lip to swell. so i had to wait 30 minutes before we could try pusing again. ugh. that sucked. that was when i wished i had gone ahead and had the epi. ha ha. but she came out at 9:29pm. i am glad i had her natural.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• she was beautiful. she was bigger than i expected her to be which made me glad that we didn't wait till after my due date to induce. she was 7lbs. 14.6 oz. and 21 1/2 inches long. like I said it was a great thing. it was amazing. my bf cried (which never happens), my sister cried, my mom cried. ha ha. it was a great experience even if painful.

the epi thing scares me. i don't want to be numb from the waste down and i don't want a huge needle being stuck in my back
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:55 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Those are links to journals on here, with beautiful stories! 100 percent natural!

I am having a homebirth in May, can't wait to post my beautiful birth story!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Well when i found out i was preggo i decided i would have the baby at home . I woke up on february 23 and thought i peed myself lol. i called my doctor who lives next door and told him my water broke . it was the longest labor ever... it lasted forabout 23 hours i would not let them do anything . Finally at 2:15 i had my beautiful baby boy Hunter Dougles . It went well
    HUNTERsMOMMi_23

Answer by HUNTERsMOMMi_23 at 10:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I had an amazing natural water birth at a freestanding (not associated with any hospital) birth center and a direct entry midwife. It was beautiful. A drug free, out of hospital birth is definitely the way to go. You have so much more freedom to do what feels natural. Your body will tell you how to have a baby if you don't start intervening with drugs and machines. I didn't have any complications at all. It was a very smooth labor and I had a 7 lb 12 oz baby boy! (and didn't tear at all) My next will be born at home so I don't have to ride in the car during labor. ; ) Here is a link to my birth story:

http://www.natural-pregnancy-mentor.com/maddoxs-water-birth.html

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:53 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i had my izabelle scarlet natural,no pain trew the whole thing,only had 3 contactions,labor for 3 hours, i trew up alot though and i think that is why it went so fast,i had to be cut though
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:49 AM on Feb. 28, 2009