What do you do when the father of your baby won't help or support you in anyway? I feel so alone!

It seem the father of my soon to be baby won't get his act together. We been together for 7 years now so I thought he would be really supportive but he's not helped me in anyway. We fight all the time bout the baby an which we shouldn't cuz i'm only 2 months. It just seems really hard for me to do this alone. It's my first baby so i'm trying my best to make sure the baby is healthy but when you get no support it just seem very hard, I thought maybe he's scared cuz it's his first kid too. But now i'm not so sure... I just feelv really alone

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i know how you feel. my husband and i seperated before i even found out i was pregnant. i just had my dd 2 weeks ago and he wasnt there the entire time. he passed me once at the mall 4 months ago and thats the only time i saw him. i had no support from any of them and still dont. hes raising his gfs child though. go figure. its tough not having someone there for you but it makes you stronger. trust me.
    Anonymous

• Buy him the book called
    The Birth Partner by Penny Simkin
    Or
    Husband Coached Childbirth by Dr. Robert Bradley

idk. i've never had to go through that. ...but maybe those books will help.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:34 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• all you can do is your best to make sure your baby is healthy and some guys are willing to do anything to help but others dont want to help when i had elena everyone beside myside of the family wanted me to have a abortion and i felt so alone but now everyone is happy that i didnt and they love her to death even my b/f felt the same but he loves her more then anything but when i was preg he made me eat healthy and all that and when she was born he helped when he wanted i asked didnt help then i started bitching and he helps more now so you can ask nicely and if it doesnt work then do what i did!!! good luck!!!! and your not alone you have that baby on ur side
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 9:42 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• look for support elsewhere. if you have family make sure that you are talking to them. if you don't, find friends and such to help support you. if you dont have a lot of friends, ask your doctor if he/she knows of any groups or has any advice on building a support system. it is important.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 27, 2009