Worse?

What is the worst thing you and your SO or DH have overcome and are still together,even after it occured?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Oh the list is long. We have both cheated on each other, both hit each other, I even went to jail for it. We broke up twice before we got married, and once since we've been married. After all is said and done though, we both had so much growing up to do that we almost couldn't make it together. But now we have one of the best relationships that I know of. It took years to get to this point, but it was worth it. We don't know how to love anyone but each other. When you are truly meant for someone, you can overcome anything.
    Anonymous

• Probably the birth of our first when I was 17 and he was 19. The pregnancy was hard and we fought a lot. I was sure we weren't going to make it. But here we are, almost 10 years later with our beautiful son, married, going strong.

Anonymous

• we have overcome years of him being a verbally abusive drunk, cheated on me with my friend and cheating on me with a gril at work. We are trying to get past alot of things and im not saying it has been easy. Sometimes I wonder why I stayed. He seems to have come back to his senses and is trying to put his family in perspective and I have forgiven him. I didnt mary him for good only, its for better or worse and sometimes the worst sucks bad,
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 10:17 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• A miscarriage that we both handled really poorly. I told him he was probably happy since we weren't TTC at that time and it was really unfair of me to say those things...he I guess didn't know how much it affected me emotionally and physically and was really shitty about taking care of me that way. It is hard enough to go through when people act right, when we were both being assholes it was way worse.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• he hurt my feelings. ( you had to be there)

Answer by admckenzie at 10:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• We have been through hell and back again.
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 11:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Drug addiction is the one thing we made it through. Him desiring girls in their 20's now that I'm older, we may not make it through.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• His gambling problem. Which I didn't even know about until I checked the mail and had several returned checks. We were over $1000 overdrawn. And it wasn't the gambling that got me, it was the lie! Even after I asked him about it he denied it. So I go to the bank and was humiliated to find that he had used his ATM card to withdraw so much money. And before that I had noticed large amounts withdrawn, but he always had an excuse. And I was so dumb about it, I believed him. I planned on leaving (well, asking him to, since the place we were at was mine at the time). We had friends come and visit from his military days, we put on the "happy couple act". And we worked it out from there. But even to this day I still have a trust issue with him on some level. We've had other times, but this was the beginning. We're still married, and I love him. Just not so blindly now. :(

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 1, 2009