has anyone had butt/leg pain most days during pregnacy?

linzermonkey

Asked by linzermonkey at 9:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Around 28 weeks I had unbearable back/butt/leg pain for 3 straight weeks. It went away on its own ...so I don't really have any suggestions bc NOTHING helped for me! Standing, walking, sitting down and even laying down did not help it ....Hope you feel better xoxo
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 9:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I think thats the sciatic nerve.
    Anonymous

• It is most likely pressure on the sciatic nerve. Hot water bottle helped for me. Ask your ob/gyn about anti inflamatories or suggestions on what would help. For me walking actually made it feel better. Standing and sitting too long was rough. Your Dr might even be able to suggest some excercises that could relieve the pain. How much longer do you have? I didn't really have a problem till around the end of the pregnancy. Good luck ;)
    TheresaAvon

Answer by TheresaAvon at 9:58 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• its definately the sciatic nerve. my husband rubs it for me..and i have to lay down and keep the leg/but cheek that hurts elevated.drink alot of water.mine would come if i sat to long, and if i walked for to long...you just have to figure out what makes you comfortable..im about to be in my 3rd trimester and its not NEARLY as often..in the beginning of my second, i was FOREVER in pain with it...good luck!
    NolansMommy09

Answer by NolansMommy09 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• sounds like nerve pain...i get a pain in my butt/leg sometimes after sitting for a while but once I'm up and around it goes away. If your pain doesn't go away it's probably nerve pain and I'm afraid that I don't think there's much that can be done about it - but I do know that it will go away as soon as you have the baby. You may want to talk to your doctor about tips for getting more comfortable.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:01 AM on Mar. 1, 2009