How can i get my daughter to not be afraid of the bath?

My 2 1/2 year old refuses to go in the tub she thinks there is poopy in there. She was taking a bath in the kitchen sink with my 8month old son but now she doesnt even want to do that. I have tried bubbles toys and fizzy things that turn the water colors. Any have any advice or ideas?

shames85

Asked by shames85 at 9:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter loved baths for a while and now she hates them. I have tried toys bubble bath etc... I now take bubbles in and let her blow them in the tub, she likes that. I also fill the tub up less now and that seems to help.
    lulu2006

Answer by lulu2006 at 5:05 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Have you tried a baby that can be bathed? Let her wash it and dry it and cloth it. Then say its her turn now!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• my son didnt like bathes either so we started giving him showers either with daddy or with mommy.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Can you just take her in the shower with you? My mom did that with me and I did it with my kids a lot.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 9:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Daughter is scared of the spray of the hose too.
    shames85

Answer by shames85 at 9:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• try those bath crayons, where they can draw on the walls
    Anonymous

• take a bath with her so she wont be scared
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 9:51 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• how about just doing 'sponge bathes'- using a wet soapy wash cloth while she sits on a towel, and rinsing her by having sit in a dry bathtub and just gently pouring water from a cup.

slowly add a couple inches of water each week.

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 9:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• LoL poopy in the tub!! Maybe you could let her pick out some kiddie bubble bath, like dora, her very own shampoo (my kids like the kiddie Suave 2in1 with the monkey, smells like coconut) maybe a bath toy too, my girls just put barbies in the tub. Make her excited about the bath with HER bubbles, HER shampoo, HER toys.
    DeannaR4

Answer by DeannaR4 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• same problem with spider in the bath. 1yr old boy
    i just got in the bath with him every night till ok again, approx 1 wk. just remain calm through the screaming and trying to get out. don't buy into it, just wash child and get out calmly. by 5 or 6 night he was back to normal.
    GoddessNats

Answer by GoddessNats at 10:09 PM on Feb. 27, 2009