What does life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness mean to you?

Here we go :)

Praying

Asked by Praying at 9:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Life, means that I am free to live my life, as I see fit.. knowing the consequence I may face for my actions, and that I also am free to defend my family (since they are my life) and myself if someone threatens to take our life from us..
    Liberty, means that I have the right to voice my feelings and to be free of prosectution for stating my beliefs. To be free to choice my religion, to be free of descrimination if it hinders me from a job/car/building, etc. And to be free to make personal decisions for myself based on my body and my mind.
    The pursuit of happiness.. to me means the government stay out of my personal decisions regarding my health care, my job, etc.. and the government and people in general staying out of my personal life as long as I am not threatening a person or people harm in my actions.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:00 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• to me it means, having the oportunity to do whatever in life i want... achieve any goals i may have.... and i thank the men and women who lost their lives and are fighting so we can have these oppurtunites that so many people take for granted :)

OP this is a good question...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It means my fence is the dividing line, my complete liberty stops when I leave my property, and yours stops when you enter my property.
    Anonymous

• It means we have the right to breathe, pursuit our own goals and be responsible for ourselves in a republilc and it's not the government's job to provide us with that which we are perfectly able to provide ourselves, only those things that require a single governing body - interstate/international trade and commerce and national defense.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:21 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• hmmm....stay off my property!? :)
    Anonymous

• It means being able to do what I want, (as long as it's not criminal), without worrying about busybodies, gossips, or troublemakers. Guess that's never gonna happen!
    Anonymous

• Guns, chocolate, and lower taxes.
    Anonymous

• Being able to get an education, the right to be able to own property, the right to vote, to voice my opinions without worrying about repercussions. To be able to follow my dreams (legal dreams) and have my children live in a safe environment.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 11:51 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It means that I can raise my son to grow up to be a respectable man as I see fit. It means that we are free to walk the streets, speak our minds, get an education... We are able to become whatever / whoever we wish. This is the land of the free. It means me and my son can look forward to my military orders overseas ending so that we can return to the beautiful USA.
    Mary_CoreysMom

Answer by Mary_CoreysMom at 1:22 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Julian Thank you very much

Anon : love the chocolate part

Keep em comming I want people to think about this one.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 2:03 AM on Feb. 28, 2009