what did you do with your newborn...

when you had to take a shower? im a single mom and sometimes there isnt anyone around to keep an eye on her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• bathe with her. I bathed with my son until he was about 2 to 2 1/2. It's GREAT bonding and helps teach her that water can be a safe place.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i waited till she was asleep..put her in her bouncy seat and sat it right outside out bathroom door(we have a small bathroom but i can still see her) shes now 4 months old and if my dh is at work and she actually takes a long enough nap i still do the same thing.
    doosti

Answer by doosti at 10:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• but him in a bouncer or a viberating chair or his carseat and put in the bathroom while i took a quick shower :) or while he napped id bring the thing in the bathroom with me! (omg i forget what they are called) ugh the thing that has the camera in the room and you ahvet he screen and can see him while he sleeps. ahhh omg
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I had her in the bath with me, or brought in her bouncy into the bathroom.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i took her in the bathroom with me and i talk to her when i took baths i took her in with me and outstanding is right its a great ponding there is no greater love then a mother and her child
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i either did while my baby was sleeping or i strapped her in the bouncer. i had the bouncer in the bathroom and talked to her the whole time i was showering.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• if the baby is sleeping i would hop in real quick... sometimes i would bring my son in the bathroom with me... keep the door open and him near it, place him in one of those baby chairs and place a blanket over him (open slighty for air) to block out the bright light and then shower....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I would put the baby in a seat, we called it the bouncy seat, not to be confused with a johnny jumper( I did that when they got older! LOL) But the little chair thingy for newborns and infants, a carrier would work. Anyway, I would put them in the seat in the bathroom. But, with my son, he liked the stroller the best (of course it ididn't fit in the bathroom!) I would leave the door open and put him right at the door. I would always talk to the babies while in the shower, sing, whatever. I have 4 kids and have learned you just gotta think outside the box sometimes!! LOL
    DeannaR4

Answer by DeannaR4 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• either while they slept or put them in a Baby Seat in the bathrom (or a combo of sleeping straped in a baby seat inthe bathrooom)

or often just took them in the shower with me.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 10:07 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• shes only 2 weeks old and my bathroom is really small. it gets hot really fast and i dont want to overheat her.
    Anonymous