mY5MO OLD HAVING OPEN HEART SURGERY!

My daughter is under going open heart surgery end of March, Iam so scared, i guess why iam writeing is because iam a complete mess right now and desperatley need soem reassurance. hAS ANYONE HERE BEEN THROUGH THIS OR GOING THROUGH IT RIGHT NOW? please pray for my angel! Thankyou!

DiandraBryant07

Asked by DiandraBryant07 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well, ...i've never known a child to go through open heart surgery but i had a friend who had like 3 of them.
    and my mom had open heart surgery 2 years ago. ...i know that's not the same. but i'm trying to relate as best i can.
    good luck momma. i wish you and your baby the best.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:22 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Aww....i am sorry. Dr's are so good these days and know what they are doing. I am sure she will be fine!
    Does she have a murmer? My son has one, but it did not need surgery.

Poor baby I will pray for both of you guys!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:22 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I'll keep you in my prayers.
    my brother was 2 weeks old and had open heart surgery.
    he had a hole in his heart and a 40% blockage.
    hes great now he just turned 14.
    everything will be okay.
    ill pray.
    MiLeesMommy08

Answer by MiLeesMommy08 at 10:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i will pray for you baby when he has it dont be alone have someone with u
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 10:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i will pray for you sweet baby. im sorry i cant be more help but i will pray for her every night. please keep us updated.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 10:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• thankyou all so much! for your prayer and support, She has tetrolgy of fallot and ventricular septal defect. Im so scared. Im such a mess.
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 10:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Really thankyou all so much!
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• You guys are in my prayers...the only thing that I can say is I work in surgery and have seen many heart surgeries done on babies only hours old and if you are in the care of a good doc then they will do a good job....it is more common than you think. The tetrology of fallot and the septal defects are very common...A lot of the times they do them at bedside when they are born. Good luck and God bless you and your little one. God watches over his children.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I will pray for your baby. My daughter has a heart murmur but isn't bad enough for surgery they are going to keep an eye out though.

Again, my thoughts and prayers are w/you and your little one.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 11:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• So sorry to hear this. You guys are in my prayers. I am a nurse and here are some tips for you that I've seen work for some families.
    Take a favorite toy or blanket of your baby's to the hospital with you. It will give her some comfort and be familiar. Keep her quiet, no rough play or getting her excited. Keep the lighting soft and low. Bring books and CDs/DVDs with you for her and you to keep you entertained. See if you can take a tour of the peds unit or peds ICU she'll be staying in. Remember that you will need to eat and rest also. If you don't take care of yourself you can't take care of her. Let her have visitors, just make sure they are not sick and they have washed their hands. Ask questions to the staff when you need info. Don't be afraid, they are there to answer your questions. And keep a pic in your mind of her at home and healthy. Good luck!
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 12:50 AM on Feb. 28, 2009