At what age do kids usually lose their baby teeth?

My DD is about to turn 6. She keeps asking me when it will happen and I keep telling her soon, but I dont want her to feel like mommy is lying to her. So when does this usually happen?

BIMOM21

Asked by BIMOM21 at 10:38 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I read somewhere the earlier the teeth come in the earlier they will fall out and the same for the later they come in the later they fall out. it also said around 5-6yrs old, I looked this up cause I was worried my son was loosing them too early my son will be 5yrs next month and has already lost his first tooth, his teeth did start to come in before he was old enough to give him any teething meds. I was also told by an orthodontist (sp?) that since my son is big for his age (over 4foot & 85lbs) his body thinks he's old and is acting on it.
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 10:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My son is soon to turn 6 and all of his friends at school have already lost one. He is pitiful walking around tugging at tight teeth. LOL. I think they are close! lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My little girl is five. She has lost about four teeth. Her twin brother? None. The dentist says probably six or seven for him. They can tell how the teeth are coming in on the x-rays.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I would say 5 she got her teeth lat though. Everyone is unique! Do not worry it will happen probably when your child takes a bite of apple and then sees a tooth in her apple,lol
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:18 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• My son lost his first tooth Labor Day of 07 so he was almost 6. He was like two months shy of being 6. However, there are a lot of children in his class now that have none of their baby teeth (first grade) and there is one that only has his molars left.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:08 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• For the kids we know the average age was around 6. My oldest was convinced it would happen as soon as she turned 6 because her best friend lost hers at 6. 2 months after her birthday the first one came out.
    My son lost his 1st one a month a half before his 6th birthday. And my middle daughter was 5 1/2. funny thing was she was the latest teether of my kids. Her first tooth came in shortly AFTER her 1st birthday (she was toothless in her b-day pics). But she lost her 1st tooth earlier then any of my kids. She's 6 now and has 3 missing teeth (has lost 2 others) and another is super loose and will probably fall out by the end of the week.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:08 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• wow MOM1STEPMOM1 first grade and laready lost all there teeth? I think I was about 11 or 12 before I finally lost all my baby teeth lol.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:38 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• My son is 7 1/2 and he just lost his first tooth 2 weeks ago. He has lost 3 in the past 2 weeks.

His teeth didn't start growing in until he was 13 months though, then they all grew in quickly.

So, I agree, it depends on how early her teeth came in.
    Kivara

Answer by Kivara at 9:15 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• 6 or 7 years of age is when they normally start losing teethe. I t varies after that how long it takes to lose them all, couple years..
    MySpaceMomof3

Answer by MySpaceMomof3 at 9:30 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• My son is 12 now and he still has a couple baby teeth (molars) to go ... he lost one recently a month or so back and has some holes in his mouth with new teeth coming in ... otherwise he started losing them at 6 -7 I think .. some kids in his class had lost several teeth before he started.
    kurlee

Answer by kurlee at 10:26 AM on Feb. 28, 2009