I'm jsut starting to practice the feng shui way of life. Any suggestions?..

Asked by annie91c2000 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Get a really good book ...I found several, and they were even on sale, at B. Dalton. There are diagrams for the home where each room has a "section" in your life and within each room there are meanings to areas. Most of it is common sense. Like...don't put a desk where your back it facing the if someone walks in they may startle you. It is fun, I don't take it too seriously...just as good advice.

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:40 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• DECLUTTER! Get rid of or fix broken things. Those are both negative energy. "Smooth" out sharp corners so positive energy doesn't get "stuck". No electronics in bedrooms (tv, computer), use calm, natural paint colors to create the moods you want. A water feature (tabletop fountain) is soothing. I agree that you should find a book or even look online for more ideas, especially ones that will tell you the best ways to arrange furniture, lighting, etc.

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 21, 2008