Is my baby ok???

I'm 5 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child. With my first pregnancy, I didn't find out so early. I found out around 8 weeks with my son. I spotted a little with him before I even tested. Well, this time, I took 2 pregnancy tests on Saturday and both were positive. Tonight, I started getting this "pain" (don't really know how to explain it) in my lower right abdomen. It's kinda like a menstrual cramp, but not really. I don't know if I should see the dr or if maybe its just gas or a muscle strain...I'm just worried because it took us a year and a half to get pregnant again and I can't bear to lose this baby....Please help me if you can.

jcrp2005

Asked by jcrp2005 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had lots of little cramps here and there at the beginning of both of my pregnancies. If you are bleeding that may be something to worry about. I'm sure you'll be ok. But if you are worried, call your doc just to make sure.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i know that cramping can be normal. but i would still call the doctor. i called about every little thing. it was my first baby. and i have only had the one. i would still call about everything if i got pregnant again. it makes me feel a little better to at least know my doctor knew what was going on
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Thank you momjoy1027. I'm not bleeding or spotting, but kinda have that "menstrual" feeling. It's hard to explain. The problem is that I just moved to a new state and don't even get to MEET my dr until March 16th, so I'd have to go to the ER (which I definitely would if I thought I should). Thank you for the reply tho. :D
    jcrp2005

Answer by jcrp2005 at 10:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i cramped way bad in the beginning and had my period for about two months in the beginning ... i'm only 16 mind you
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 10:58 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• sorry it could be the baby implanting
    scared_mommy16

• Is it time for your period? Some people have the "period cramps" when it's that time of the month.
    If you're not bleeding, I would think everything was ok. When my sister had a miscarriage several years ago, she went to the ER and they wouldn't even do anything because she was only about 7 weeks a long.
    Good luck!
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 11:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• At the beginning of both of my pregnancies, I had lots of cramping and little pains like that. Doc said it was normal.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 11:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Its probably implantation. I did this with my son at about 5 weeks it felt like I was having really bad cramps for days without any actual menstrating going on! You might get it checked out anyway but I bet that is what is going on. Good luck with your pregnancy :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:18 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I worried and worried and worried about everything with the baby I am carrying now. I will probably continue to worry throughout the entire pregnancy (I am 9 weeks), BUT I think the little crampy feeling you are having is totally normal. I have had them with both pregnancies as one of my first symptoms. Of course, you should always talk to a doctor about it, but try not to worry unless you start spotting. Good luck and congratulations!!!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 2:54 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Thank you all for the answers. I finally called the nurse line and they told me to go to the ER. They were afraid of ectopic pregnancy. Thank goodness everything is ok. We got to see 'her' on the u/s. She's a whole 0.25 cm and I'm 5w6d. I'll keep everyone updated. The ER dr couldn't tell me why I was having the pain, but baby is ok and thats the most important part.
    jcrp2005

Answer by jcrp2005 at 9:46 PM on Feb. 28, 2009