Ultra sound?

Have you ever had an ultra sound on your breast? I just found out that they do this by using a needle- and I'm freaking out. All that I know is that I'm a breastfeeding 20 yr old momma. They're checking if it's a solid mass or a cyst. What does that even mean? And what should I expect at the docs?? (Do they even numb you?? How big is the needle?!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Health

• They are going to use the ultra sound to help them place the needle correctly and make sure they get a good sample. Try not to worry 2 much, my breasts have changes so much since I got pregnant and now breastfeeding. The test shouldn't interfere with your breastfeeding either, good luck!
    mommawhite08

Answer by mommawhite08 at 12:38 AM on Feb. 28, 2009