Does anyone know how many vials it would take to get pregnant with ICI unwashed sperm?

My partner and I have been thinking about having children lately and since we are two females we obviously can not naturally have kids. So we have decided to buy sperm through a cryo bank. When researching I realized that, at the bank I have come to like the most, California CryoBank Inc, just one vial is about $380. We would, in the future, like at least a total of two children, so we would also like to put some away for later. On this site they offer one year of storage for free if you buy 6 vials. So I am wondering, at the age of 23, how many vials should we buy?

I am healthy and was given the okay by my obgyn and family doctor to try for a baby. We will be inseminating at home.

GoPink84

Asked by GoPink84 at 10:58 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I have no clue, but I wish you both the best of luck.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It's really hard to say. Everyone's fertility is different. In any given month, the possibility of an ICI working is only about 20%, even when everything is functioning normally. What kind of refund policy do they have, should you not need all of the vials? If you store there, I think it's better than if a doctor stored it.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:48 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• There isn't any refund offered, so that's why I want some estimated numbers. That way I can figure how many we will need. I know nothing is going to be accurate, but it is better than completely guessing.
    And I agree, we definately want to store there.
    GoPink84

Answer by GoPink84 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 28, 2009