Wedding

My baby is due at the end of April and I have a wedding to goto at the begining of September. Is that too early to take a baby to? If not when should I bring her? At the weding ceramony? After dinner? The entire thing?

macattack

Asked by macattack at 11:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Congratulations!!

I would bring her! I take my daughter with me everywhere and she's 4 months... I've been taking her with me since she was 4 weeks. We sat through my college's orientation for 3 hours and she was amazing. We seriously go everywhere.
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 11:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I would take her. I'm a single mom and my son has gone everywhere with me since he was born. My son was also born in april, we went to a wedding the following August and he was great. Bring along some quiet toys to entertain and you should be fine. Congrats!
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• she be almost 5 months old so i probably would...if it was winter I wouldn't just b/c it's too cold and everyone seems to be sick but when its warm you can take her outside and give her some fresh air if needed....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It depends on it the reception is Adults Only or not. When DH and I got married, we had an adults only reception. My SIL did not go because her baby was 10 days old at the time. We also had a few friends that were there that got a babysitter for the night.

Personally, I would go without the baby. I know, for me, I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself, and friends that were there, plus the bride and groom of course, with my son there ... AND HE'S A GOOD BABY, lol :)

If the wedding ceremony is close to home, take the baby to the ceremony, then get a sitter for the reception so you can let loose :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 12:02 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I took my son to my friends wedding when he was exactly 1 month old. He has always been really good. He doesn't cry when we go out. He usually is so interested in everything he just likes to watch. He slept the whole time. And there were lots of people holding him which i didn't really like, and a lady who i didn't even know took him to her table and tried to sit down with him!!! She didn't even ask me!!! You'll probably have the same thing happen, especially if there's alcohol. That's why everyone was soooo in to him, bcuz everyone was drunk! It did make me a little uncomfortable.

jenn714

Answer by jenn714 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Get a sitter and enjoy an adult night out. That's a lot of people and new things to take in and these little guys are sensitive to overstimulation. I would see if someone would watch the baby and bring plenty of pics to show the other guests.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 12:43 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I would take her. You can dress her up in a pretty dress and show her off.hehe. Perhaps get a sitter for the reception if you are wanting to drink or something. At my uncles wedding my neice was only 2 months old and my sis took her. She did great. She had her at the first half of the reception so everyone could see her. But then when it got down to everyone actually partying and not just taking pics and eating then she had a sitter take her home.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 1:30 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• It depends on if it's an "adult only" affair or not. If it is, find a sitter. If it isn't....I don't know why you wouldn't take her with you...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:51 AM on Feb. 28, 2009