How soon to bring baby to a wedding?

My babies due date is at the end of April and I have a wedding to goto at the begining of September. Is that too soon to bring a 4-5 month old too? If not when should I bring her? The wedding ceramony? At dinner? After dinner? Or the entire wedding?

charlene29

Asked by charlene29 at 11:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I brought my first born to a wedding with me and he was 4 months old. It was an outdoor ceremony and the reception was indoors. He was fine! There's usually music and chatter. Even if your child gets fussy it will probably go unnoticed. If the ceremony is indoors I would probably leave them with a sitter and get them afterwards for the reception.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:38 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It's not too soon to expose her to crowds. How long should she be there? You'll have to judge her behvaior and tolerance at the time.

HOWEVER - remember that ths is the bride's big day. She may not want babies there. Be sure to ask her if it's OK. You should never assume that your invitation includes your child unless it clearly states "and family".
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Why is this exact same question posted under a different name in the Babies category?
    Anonymous

• I would have brought my baby.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 12:17 AM on Feb. 28, 2009